Be it for security reasons, personal reasons, or for any other reason, you may come across a situation when you have to delete your Facebook account. For deletion purposes, Facebook allows you to temporarily or permanently deactivate your account at your convenience. So, if you are also someone who is looking for the method to deactivate your Facebook account, then you have come to the right spot. Here, we shall have a glance at the correct Facebook account deactivation method that will help you in this purpose. However, for the deactivation purpose, it is mandatory that you remember your Facebook login credentials even if you are already logged in.
This is because, during the deactivation process, you might be asked to enter the current login password of your Facebook account. In case you do not remember your password any longer, then you should reset your password first and then go ahead with the deactivation process as described below.
So, without making you wait any longer let us proceed with the procedure of Facebook account deactivation.
Steps to deactivate a Facebook account
Note: These steps can be completed on both the Facebook app as well as the Facebook website.
- Open the Facebook app installed on your phone
- Or, go to www.facebook.com from your browser
- If not logged in, log in with your Facebook login details
- Now, tap on the drop-down arrow and choose “Settings”
- Then, select the “Manage Account” option
- On this page, choose “Deactivate your account”
- From the given list, choose the apt reason for deactivation
- Add a note in the given empty field
- Complete some more steps by ticking the checkboxes
- Finally, click on the “Deactivate” button
After successful deactivation, nobody will be able to see your profile on Facebook or tag you in their posts. Besides this, you can reactivate your Facebook account whenever you want by simply logging in with your older Facebook login credentials. As soon as you log in, your account will be reactivated.